At BAO Systems you will make a positive impact on global health while working in a fun, collaborative, and flexible environment. We work with the leading organizations within international development and humanitarian assistance to adopt modern, digital platforms for data collection, integration, and analytics.
We are looking for an experienced Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architect to join our Federal Services Team. The AWS Solutions Architect provides leadership and technical direction to a development team for a high-profile multi-billion dollar per year, multi-agency, multi-team program.
The AWS Solutions Architect’s primary focus is to support the Analytics Platform Team. The Analytics Platform is an advanced data storage and processing platform built entirely on AWS. Among many other services, the Analytics Platform consists of a data warehouse, data lake, and microservice-based architecture. The Analytics Platform acts as a central data repository; storing data for several external systems, including DHIS2, many third-party APIs, and other federal systems. The Analytics Platform is the foundation for the program’s business intelligence, data processing, and data extraction tools.
The ideal candidate will architect best-practice, well-patterned solutions on AWS and has a strong working knowledge of available AWS services. They understand the full software development lifecycle and approaches software development with a focus on APIs, automation, declarative infrastructure, reusability/portability, and continuous integration and deployment. The ideal candidate is able to interact with and influence other architects, developers, stakeholders, and teams to ensure continued adoption of the Analytics Platform and to ensure best-practice methodologies and solutions are implemented.
- Architect solutions on AWS and document the architecture of all solutions
- Oversee the development of new and existing features on the Analytics Platform
- Drive continued adoption of the Analytics Platform
- Interact with and influence other architects to design well-patterned, maintainable solutions and work collaboratively with external stakeholders
- Participate in the development, implementation, and deployment of features as needed for the Analytics Platform team
- Support the Security Assessment & Authorization (SA&A) effort to assure a continued Authority To Operate (ATO)
- Create prototypes and proof of concepts for testing products, validating services, and sharing ideas with stakeholders
- Coordinate with the BAO Systems Engineering Team to standardize infrastructure implementations
- Communicate regularly with the BAO Sr Management Team on overall solutions to meet client expectations and delivery
- Be able to obtain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
- A graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a similar field
- A self-starter, who steps up when needed
- Flexible and comfortable with multi-tasking
- Passionate about technology and building well-architected solutions based on best practices
- Able to understand business objectives and proactively contribute both strategic and innovative ideas
- Not afraid to speak up, challenge current conventions and processes, and provide well-thought-out ideas.
- An excellent communicator, both spoken and written, and comfortable with presenting ideas and concepts to team members and stakeholders.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience leading technical development teams
- 3 years of experience leading AWS enterprise implementations
- Extensive experience using Step Functions(State Machines), Lambda, Cloudformation, DynamoDB, IAM, and other AWS services
- Strong Python development skills
- Strong working knowledge of git, GitHub, and distributed version control systems
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Ability to create, use, and test APIs
- Strong knowledge of ANSI SQL and experience specifically with PostgreSQL
- Solid grasp of software engineering processes and principles
- Strong understanding XML/JSON and data-interchange formats
- Working experience with Bash/shell scripting
Nice if you have:
- Health data related solutions, especially in the public health sector
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, or Microstrategy)
- Machine learning experience; identifying problems and selecting algorithms
BAO Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.