About the job
At BAO Systems you will make a positive impact on global health while working in a fun, collaborative, and flexible environment. We work with the leading organizations within international development and humanitarian assistance to adopt modern, digital platforms for data collection, integration, and analytics.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Front-End Developer to join our product development team. Our ideal candidate will lead the development effort of web-based applications, from system design through implementation. They will mentor like-minded developers and empower them to create the best product and client solutions possible while sharing their passion for evolving technologies.
- Develop elegant and responsive front-end web applications for our product portfolio
- Concept, ideate and collaborate with the product and implementation team, being an integral part of the project design and solution for internal and external clients
- Create prototypes for testing products, validating concepts, and sharing ideas with stakeholders.
- Create pixel-perfect implementations based on design specifications, while pushing the envelope with the latest trends and best practices
- Identify and establish patterns and best practices for building excellent web experiences
- A self-starter, with an immense amount of initiative to step up when a need is identified and help improve the process
- Flexible and comfortable with multi-tasking between projects and multiple teams
- Passionate about technology and harnessing that passion to create high-quality, blazing-fast, and accessible web apps
- Obsessive about the design details and strive to knockout pixel-perfect UI
- Able to understand business objectives and proactively contribute both strategic and innovative ideas
- Bachelor degree or higher in computer science or similar field
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles, practical application, process, and workflow
- Mastery of HTML/CSS, including the concepts of responsive layout, design systems, mobile and cross-browser compatibility
- Solid experience with web APIs and the JSON format
- Ability to optimize front-end application performance
- Experience with the Git workflow, such as resolving code conflicts and branching strategies
BAO Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.