Agile Project Manager
About BAO Systems
BAO Systems is an industry leader in digital data solutions for health and development. We empower our partners to implement scalable and sustainable solutions that uncover data-driven insights to improve livelihoods, strengthen health systems, and achieve equitable human development.
Our team comprises passionate public health and development practitioners, information system experts, software engineers, system engineers, monitoring and evaluation advisors, and data scientists. We excel in providing a broad spectrum of services and products. For more information, please visit www.baosystems.com
Purpose of the Role
The Agile Project Manager will lead development teams in the delivery of software development projects for BAO Systems data and analytics initiatives. The Agile Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of project delivery, and will support the development team in the role of Scrum Master and business analyst.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- Project Planning and Management: Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Team Management: Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Product Owner Support: Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Process Management and Improvement: Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Team Building: Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as extensive knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies
- CSM, PMP, and/or PMI/ACP preferred
- Prior experience (3+ years) with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 5 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Experience working with International NGO’s and/or in the public health sector
- Experience delivering data analytics and business intelligence initiatives
This position is contingent on contract award.
BAO Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.