Senior Proposal Writer- Remote/US Based
Sr Proposal Writer
LOCATION OF JOB
DC Area or Remote
ABOUT BAO SYSTEMS
BAO Systems is an industry leader in digital data solutions for health and development. We empower our partners to implement scalable and sustainable solutions that uncover data-driven insights to improve livelihoods, strengthen health systems, and achieve equitable human development.
Our team comprises passionate public health and development practitioners, information system experts, software engineers, system engineers, monitoring and evaluation advisors, and data scientists. We excel in providing a broad spectrum of services and products. For more information, please visit www.baosystems.com
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
BAO Systems is looking for a Senior Proposal Writer. Will work remote, but based out of the DC office (East Coast preferred). Make a positive impact on global public health while working in a fun, collaborative and flexible environment. We’re a nimble, close-knit group that values our teams opinion and contribution, allowing for everyone to make an impact to the work and company culture.
The Senior Proposal Writer reports to the Director of Business Development. The position works closely with other members of the Business Development team and collaborates with programs and technical staff.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in proposal strategy, design, writing, and review sessions with the Business Development and technical teams throughout the life of the proposal.
- Review and contribute to proposal outline and compliance matrices.
- Works with subject matter experts to translate technical solutions into a clearly articulated, compelling, and compliant proposal document that is well written.
- Participates in win strategy/theme development.
- Co-facilitate technical design sessions.
- Use evidence and learning from across the organization to strengthen proposals.
- Revises technical proposal drafts in response to feedback and comments in collaboration with the proposal team.
- Review final technical proposal content for clarity, consistency, and responsiveness to solicitation requirements, in preparation for reviews and final production.
- Support other writing tasks, including capability statements and marketing materials as required.
- Attend and participate in business development and capture meetings.
- Undergraduate degree in Science, Public Health, international development, or related field; master’s degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of work experience, including significant experience Public Health, Clinical research, Health IT, Analytics, or international development.
- Demonstrated success in writing proposals for HHS, USAID, bilateral donors, and/or UN Agency funded opportunities
- Won proposals as lead writer, responding to HHS, USAID, or other donor funding opportunities.
- Subject area knowledge in global health, Health IT, Clinical Research, or other sector familiarity (Agriculture, WASH, Education).
- Excellent, analytical, writing and editing skills.
BAO Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.