BAO Systems is looking for an experienced Front-End Software Engineer to support our Data Collection and Analytics Platform teams tailoring solutions for a high-profile $7 billion per year, multi-agency, multi-team program to work on large US Government international public health projects. Our Data Collection team enhances and maintains our large-scale implementation of DHIS2 with custom dashboards and React apps. The Analytics Platform is an advanced data storage and processing platform built entirely on AWS, providing the foundation for the program’s business intelligence, data processing, and data extraction tools.
Candidate must be based in Nigeria or UK. Work can be remote (Hybrid preferred)
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
4+ years of hands-on programming experience
Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies.
US Government experience or International Public Health Background
Experience with scripting and object oriented programming in Python 3, as well as experience with SQL, git, APIs, and AWS desired.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and update software according to client specifications
- Work with QA, software, and systems engineering teams to develop robust and scalable solutions
- Design, code and test functional components of information systems according to project specifications
- Assist in developing project documentation and user training materials according to program specifications
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Enthusiasm for trying new things
- Flexibility and comfort with multi-tasking
- Passion for technology and best practices
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Experience working remotely with dispersed teams
Must be able to obtain a Moderate Risk Public Trust Clearance (MRPT)
Why BAO Systems?
Make a positive impact on global public health while working in a fun, collaborative and flexible environment. We’re a nimble, close-knit group that values our team members’ opinions and contribution, allowing for everyone to make an impact on the work and company culture.
BAO Systems is the largest US-based DHIS 2 consulting and hosting firm in North America. We’re changing how Governments, NGOs and international agencies collect, analyze and report their data and improve health outcomes in the developing world.
We’re truly a multinational company. Our HQ is in Washington, D.C., with staff in the UK, Norway, Portugal and Nigeria.
Must be able to work in US, UK, Portugal, or Nigeria without any sponsorship.
BAO Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.