At BAO Systems you will make a positive impact on global health while working in a fun, collaborative, and flexible environment. We work with the leading organizations within international development and humanitarian assistance to adopt modern, digital platforms for data collection, integration, and analytics.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Cloud Architect to join our team. The Cloud Architect is a domain expert who applies broad technical skills with deep industry knowledge and business acumen. Designs and implements technical solutions that promote business strategy goals by driving digital transformation, cloud adoption, optimization, and automation. With a strong blend of leadership and technical skills, the Cloud Architect uses a consultative approach to drive the planning, designing, development, and application of cloud architecture to achieve business strategies and transformations.
What You Will Do
- Participates in the development, tailoring, and enhancement of cloud frameworks, methods, and tools to ensure the alignment and integration of cloud processes and deliverables with those of other architecture and SDLC disciplines
- Develops cloud transformation communications and education materials for use with business and technical stakeholders and partners
- The Cloud Architect supports business strategy development to identify new business capability and technology-driven opportunities to ensure alignment with a cloud-first strategy
- Analyzes pain points and opportunities that transcend business areas proposes enterprise strategies or solutions, and implements solutions to become reality
- Ensures the quality of reusable architecture patterns and reference models that directly support the engineering, automation, and instrumentation processes
- Provides thought leadership in solution architecture, peer reviews, and architecture governance
- Assesses projects for cloud impacts in support of annual planning, resource estimation, and alignment with IT strategy and enterprise architecture
- Provide regular reporting on cloud migration progress, issues, and consumption forecasts
Who You Are
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field and at least 3 years of systems engineering and architecture experience
- Strong Linux skills
- Strong Python skills
- Proven experience implementing CI/CD pipelines using Ansible (preferred) or similar tool (SaltStack, Chef)
- Experience building Containers (Docker, Podman, Kubernetes) for local and remote deployments
- Demonstrable experience in the elicitation and specification of architectural, functional, and non-functional requirements
- Proficiency in architectural principles of SaaS, PaaS, multitenancy, and multi-tiered infrastructures
- Strong knowledge and skills in the following AWS Services: EC2, Lambda, S3, RDS, Route 53, CloudWatch Logs, CloudWatch Metrics, CloudWatch Alarms, IAM, KMS
- Desired experience with planning, implementing, and managing various compliance standards (HIPAA, FISMA, GDPR, FedRAMP)
- Understanding of monitoring/observability, practical experience in making those metrics available to others, alerting with actionable tasks, etc
- Experience with DHIS2 or other health information software used in LMIC
- Experience Federal and NGO clients
- Experience with the following AWS Services: ECS and/or EKS, ElastiCache, CloudFront, CodeBuild, Systems Manager, Organizations/Control Tower, Athena, Secrets Manager, AWS SSO, ACM
- A track record of achieving business goals through technology strategy
- Experience and comfort in utilizing a broad variety of technologies
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills
- An entrepreneurial streak, with tangible examples of opportunity recognized and captured along with your glorious failures.
- Great communicator and it’s a muscle you like to show off
- Knowing when to be decisive and when to ensure decisions are made quickly and efficiently
Job Location - UK, Portugal, Nigeria, Belgium, Germany & or Norway
BAO Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.